The Dayville Merc opened in 1896. The town of Dayville was founded in 1913.
The Merc (short for Mercantile), is an old-fashioned dry goods store that sells 8,000 products, ranging from pasta to power cords, wool hats to whiskey, baking soda to blueberry jam. The Merc has had nine owners in its long history and is one of the oldest continuously operating general stores in Oregon. If there is something that you want the Merc to carry, just let us know.
The Merc would not be what it is without the hard work and commitment of the nine previous owners throughout the years. We thank everyone who has been involved with keeping the Merc going.
- 2014 - present, Simon and Tabitha Graves
- 2006-2014, Angie Moss and family
- 1989-1999, Gib & Glee Gregg
- 1973-1989, Mark & Elaine Reasoner
- 1967-1973, Dona & Lola Ripa
- 1930-1968, E.L. Knox (business operated by Harold Black for 40 years)
- 1896-1930, Billy Stewart, Bert Cummings and E.L. Knox
The Graves Family
Simon and Tabitha Graves are excited to call Dayville their new home and to continue the tradition of running the best Merc around. Both Simon and Tabitha come from long lines of do-it-yourselfers. Simon's grandfather, Bob "Ol' Whatshisname" Graves, started a bicycle business in 1974. Simon's dad, Jay, grew that business into one of the best bike shops in the nation. Simon inherited his family's small business sense and is proud to see the Merc continue. Tabitha, also from a family of bootstrappers, is as hard-working as they come and is excited to have her mom, grandfather and cousin join in the effort to make the Merc their new home.